putting on the feed...

growalot

bag..If there is a turnip out there they will find it...one part of four turnip plots I have scattered around...the top part is HSG then it comes down to new clover/turnip...to all turnip closer to the cam....behind the cam 180 ft is a HR/turnip planting...PS cold must have effected the cam for those temps are warmer than it was...we had several mornings -5 degrees....

Lol..does look cold!...I have some pics where it was coming down very hard and they were all out there digging turnips half the night....the fields are tore up!...Some spots they dug up dirt  to get the bulbs and hollow them out....This good weather coming up I'll be out hinging and dropping junk trees for them ....I have a wht. pine I finally took the fencing away from...they are hitting it hard ...won't be many lower branches left by spring I fear....I do know that a lot of fawns have been helped with these plantings....

Yep only 2 glitches...one was the screen went blk...and the fix was on the net ...just a reset and the other is the temp stopped at I think 4 degrees....for we have woke to several -6 to -11 mornings...My daily walk takes me past many of the cams so I check them...averaging 2-3 hundred pics every two days...batteries have been great in this weather..and the seals are thousand times better than the Moultries were..

I was going through posts and came across...

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

On the turnip plots...most bulbs gone but the ones remaining are mush under the skins...lack of snow just before the hard freeze got them...went to pick a few for Mr. B difficult finding ones that made it...so...unless the eat the mush...late season food was really depleted...it's a first...

I'm apparently blind because they have dug up and found so many more turnips and radish than I thought were left...lots of frozen green leafs as well...can't wait until snow melts enough to see the ground again...It must be the staggered seeding I did...combo of big and pretty small turnips in same plot...