Overnight at the camp

Daveboone

I just returned from a quick overnight up at my camp on the Tug Hill. I left after dinner bringing the rider mower and weedwacker and me dog. A short distance before arriving at the camp I had a Fisher cat cross the road just in front of me. Very nice start. We arrived about 8, which left time for the dog to run for a bit, and for me to settle down on the back porch with a Saranac and a  book. Life dont get any better. A short time after bringing the dog in, just about dusk, a whole mess of Coyotes started a coying across the road, within a 100yards. After the best nights sleep in a month, I woke up to find a couple turkeys feeding in the yard. After mowing and weed wacking, I was chased inside by a couple groundsoakers. While sitting back with my book waiting it out, I had several deer in the clearing across the road browsing. LIfe doesnt get any better.

Now that sounds like a great time.  A little rain really doesn't dampen camping mood.  And when the song dogs kick in, well you can really appreciate where you are.  I camp out in the Williamstown area, two weeks ago deer flies were pretty thick.  How were they in your area?