Go to call

rotorooter23

I have more calls than I ever need, but then again you never know when your going to need that rarely used call. I have about 8 to 10 diaphragm calls, and don’t think there is a favorite, whatever is working at the moment. I do use them a lot, because of the movement and volume of the calls, but I tend to think that they do not sound "right". I have rarely heard a real hen sound like that.

I tend to enjoy the fiction calls much more than air blown calls. I have a Quaker Boy Aluminator call that I have been using for years. I think it is a great call, and has pulled in a number of birds. I also feel like a good box call hits them just right.

In the end though my go to call is the one that makes them gobble. I never know what that call is, so I just rotate through the vest until I find it.

• Like 1

I try and stay the same route you are. I love any custom mouth call made here in NY. The mouth calls like Primos, Quaker Boy, etc. are mostly mass produced and tend to be not nearly the quality the custom mouth calls produce. I tried beard bustin game calls this year and absolutely love them. They are made right here in NY.

I have an arsenal of Beard Bustin calls. you can't beat that quality and price. I also found Mountain Hollow to be good as well. Edited by WELLSY

• 3 weeks later...

I have more calls than I ever need, but then again you never know when your going to need that rarely used call. I have about 8 to 10 diaphragm calls, and don’t think there is a favorite, whatever is working at the moment. I do use them a lot, because of the movement and volume of the calls, but I tend to think that they do not sound "right". I have rarely heard a real hen sound like that.

I tend to enjoy the fiction calls much more than air blown calls. I have a Quaker Boy Aluminator call that I have been using for years. I think it is a great call, and has pulled in a number of birds. I also feel like a good box call hits them just right.

In the end though my go to call is the one that makes them gobble. I never know what that call is, so I just rotate through the vest until I find it.

+1