First smallie of the year

Woodjr55

I caught over 50 last wed an thurs lookin for walleyes, that's a nice one!

They jump in the boat this time of year. All defense...they will protect those nests.

I always have to try to avoid catching the same ones over and over again set up off my break wall.

Meanwhile my dad and gramps can't get enough of catching the same 20-22" smallie repeatedly...like kids, ha.

Brown trout and panfish are activated as well over here on Otisco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOOD... I am not familiar witht the area I went out there with some friends but we were close to the mouth of the lake. We fished out by the rock walls in the morning.   We were going to try the lake but there was 7-10' waves so we turned and went back into the river and fished by the Huntley power station to end the day.

WOOD... I am not familiar witht the area I went out there with some friends but we were close to the mouth of the lake. We fished out by the rock walls in the morning. We were going to try the lake but there was 7-10' waves so we turned and went back into the river and fished by the Huntley power station to end the day.

i was right next to the power plant my buddies have been fishing there a lot and said it's been pretty good this was my first day out. I went out yesterday but it was so windy it was hard to cast a line out