Anyone Camp the Great Sacandaga Lake?

UpstateNomad90

I am looking for a campground, that can be either state owned or privately owned doesn't bother me. But what I am really wanting is a tent site that sits right on/near the water. I have seen campgrounds listed around the lake and all but I was wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge of campgrounds that have sites where I can sit in my chair all day and fish ha. Location on the lake doesn't matter, I will travel to any part. Also I don't care if there is power or running water. Anyone ever camp around this lake and have a recommendation? 

I Just returned from Northampton Beach. It's awesome. There is still many areas there that are closed because they are under water. There were a lot of jet skis and boats. A little ruckus, but fun. You can wade and float at your site. Here is a link to view all the sites there and a few other ny campgrounds.

http://campadk.com/campsitephotos.html?campground=Northampton+Beach

site 112 is probably the best. The ones on the inlets are pretty sweet too.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Northampton is probably the nicest. State run, can get a little loud certain times of the year, but nothing major. Just make sure you don't have to buy anything from the little general store...Last time I was there, bout, '05, cost be thirty bucks for flashlight batteries. There's a super market about two miles away. Great fishing in certain spots as well.

Edited by CyanideRob