Good fishing area's near Lake Huntington?

burmjohn

Any suggestions on some good fishing area's near Lake Huntington?  We just got some property up there and I will be spending a lot of time up there over the next few years.  I do not know the area that well, as I hunted most of my life in Pine Bush.

Good fishing for trout and small mouth on the Delaware River,  For Largemouth bass I look for ponds in that area.  I have a couple I am allowed to fish on and catch some really nice bass out of them.  If you want I will be up there in the next month.  We could spend a few hours of fishing somewhere. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Any suggestions on some good fishing area's near Lake Huntington?  We just got some property up there and I will be spending a lot of time up there over the next few years.  I do not know the area that well, as I hunted most of my life in Pine Bush.

I belonged to a club in Mongaup Valley we fished the mongaup river stocked with trout,lake Superior,Chestnut Ridge that is connected to it good ice fishing both,White Lake good ice fishing also  has a DEC boat launch,The Swinging Bridge reservoir south of 17B has a DEC boat launch and a marina hybrid stripers there but water level varies as its a Hydro lake and the dam was being rebuilt last I heard? Used to catch big carp behind the restaurant on 17B (the North end of that water.Sure miss my days up there nice country enjoy your new property up there.By the way I had a camp on Pine Bush Lake.John aka JW QLTY

Stayed in a few camp grounds on the Delaware river some from my old club used to fish it when shad would come up river,around the 10 mile river there are a lot of lakes surrounding and in the boy scout land should be good fishing and not too far from lake Huntington,the DEC used to manage the scout land during deer season not sure if they still do.I hunted that for a few years.Nice country around that area was good for bear close to the Del. river.John