New Hampshire

Paula

Here is the only picture worth sharing from my cell phone. It's of the White mountain forest taken from Kancamagus highway. It's a good motorcycle road. Scary. I have a gopro camera can't wait to check that out. post-1068-0-68592400-1405524330_thumb.jp

And of course it's sideways ?

• Like 1

White mountains in NH. Mt Washington auto rd. Kancamagus highway.

I've never hear of this....where abouts is it and how long ride there is it...as a family of bikers I can always appreciate a good twisty roadway. ..

yeah I get nervous when the the pegs scrape I know that is far enough I am headed up there next week on the bike going to probably do the white mountain tour try to hit as many of the notches as I can

thought you were scared of heights?

Oh I am but most of it isn't too bad & I throttle through the hairy sections so it goes by quicker

currently I am an hour south of Littleton  there is some nice riding between there too

Most of NH is nice riding but I love heading out through the farmlands of NY too

Edited by gfdeputy2

I love New Hampshire, its a beautiful northeastern state and I have a good friend that moved there 10 years ago to escape NYs high property taxes. Well the property taxes caught up with him, he pays 13k a year for a 2200 sq ft home on 5 acres in Exeter NH and the deer hunting is terrible. The state has an annual deer season kill of only around 12 thousand. Surely is a scenic state with beautiful forests.

• Like 1

I love New Hampshire, its a beautiful northeastern state and I have a good friend that moved there 10 years ago to escape NYs high property taxes. Well the property taxes caught up with him, he pays 13k a year for a 2200 sq ft home on 5 acres in Exeter NH and the deer hunting is terrible. The state has an annual deer season kill of only around 12 thousand. Surely is a scenic state with beautiful forests.

We lived in NH for 12 years.  Its a great state.  Generally very well run and the politicians truly had an ethic of serving the people. No state income tax or sales tax.  The deer hunting is definitely much tougher than NYS.  Hunting the wilderness areas of the White Mountains and to the North in Pittsburgh is a joy for any true hunter.  The woodcock and grouse hunting in the northern  and parts of the central portion of the state was fantastic. 

• Like 1

Southern NH is expensive it is becoming northern Mass this is why when we left NY in 1987 we moved more north in the country I have a cape on 5 acres & pay less then 5K in taxes

Last year was a good year for deer hunters population is getting better average over the years is about 10,000 but the last 3 years have been over 11,000 hunting is very hard here we have a lot of thick woods & swamps most rifle shots are less then 75 yards.

but we do have a lot of nice size deer here