2010 Opening day

aaronsink12306

Opening day Got a Five pointer dressed out at 140lbs about 2 1/2yrs old.... Me and My buddy got into the woods about 20 mins before dawn and we walked up on two doe neither one of us ended up with a doe permit this yr so we at least knew they were out and moving so I headed to a tree stand and my buddy went down into a old grown up orchard. We sat for about an hr I didnt see any activity and the only thing my buddy seen was a koi dog so were like this isnt good. So I got out of the tree stand and met up with him and we decided to head further up the mountian on a logging trail I got to a spot that I thought had potential so I told him I would set up here and he could go on up the mountian. So I put up a couple wicks with tinks scent on them figure what the heck it was worth a try ( never hunted with the use of any lure calls or scents before) Found a nice tree to plant my self up against and sat down and waited gave a few bleats on my primo's can call and waited about 30 mins and nothing so I let out a series of three more bleats put the can down and something caught my eye about 50 yds in front of me coming up over the little knoll I looked and I could see the while in his eyes but at that point in time wasnt sure wither it was a buck or doe or not just knew it was a deer so I just kept watching figuring Im sitting out here in the open I was sure it was going to spot me so I just kept watching and its now at about 40 yds and it turned to its left on a pretty well used run kept his nose to the ground didnt lift his head or nothing than I spotted a beam of his horns and I was like ok heres my shot so I slowly reached for my rifle and brought it up and I silently said a prayer...I looked thru my scope and could make out three points on the beem close to me he kept walking so I tried a loud bleat to get him to stop no such luck so I put my scope right behind his shoulder and sqeezed off a shot...I looked and couldnt see him and I didnt seem him off running in the distance... So I lowered my rifle and caught my breath this is the first buck I have ever seen in the 14 yrs hunting in the woods and I dont know if I got him or not so I waited a min to see if I seen anything that I thought well I should go see if there was any blood so I gathered up my stuff and started walking over my buddy heard the shot and radioed me and asked me if It was me that shot and I informed him it was and that I was going to see if I hit him or not I made my way from where I was sitting and got about 30 yds from him and I see the white on his belly I immeditly began shaking from excitment I finally got my first buck after all the yrs of trying. I got over to him and made sure he was down and after I made sure he was dead I just knelt beside him and thanked god and my dad for never letting me give up... after looking him over if was a clean kill double lung shot with complete pass thru. I inspected his rack and he would of been a 6 pointer but one of the tines were broken off but I was happy he wasnt the biggest or best buck that was taken be he was a monster to me....

post-1887-13145538081_thumb.jpg