GoPro Mount

thelep

I just picked up a Hero 3 and am hoping to get some good footage from the tree stand this year.  Looking at GoPro's Sportsman mount however the design doesn't look ideal for a compound and the price isn't great either.  Anyone have any experience with aftermarket mounts that could make some suggestions? 

was thinking of getting a cam and using a head mount,  but don't want to spend the cash to find out its a pain to use on my head with a cap on.

saw a guy with one rigged to the brim of his baseball cap and I thought that was cool. maybe a clip for your cap could work.

The GoPRo is nice, only problem I've seen is the footage isn't that great unless the deer is really close.  Even on shots at 15-20 yards it looks like the deer is far away.  If you are just looking to capture the hunt it will work great.  But don't plan on getting great footage to review a shot if you need it.  Try it out when you are target practicing.  Set up the camera at the yardages you're shooting from and see how it turns out.  Good luck!

• Like 1