This year I was able to making to hunting camping in the southern tier for 3 weekends. Least amount I've been up to hunt in almost a decade. But this year spend more time in an area I've always overlooked and was pleasantly surprised by the number of grouse sightings.

I think this coming fall I might bring the dog with and spend time hunting/exploring on foot and less hours sitting in a syand with the bow.

Anyone spend a fair amount of time on upland birds in the state forests above Corning/Painted Post? Just looking for tips/tricks/advice.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I don't spend near as much time  small game hunting as I use to . Erwin state forest did a bunch of logging a few years back. Big patches of clear cutting . I was in there hunting the edges with a pistol and bumped quite a few grouse. Looked to me like it was 2 year old clear cut so I would imagine its prime . Problem for me was they took out my favorite  grove of hickory nut trees and I was there hunting squirrel. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nytracker said:

I don't spend near as much time  small game hunting as I use to . Erwin state forest did a bunch of logging a few years back. Big patches of clear cutting . I was in there hunting the edges with a pistol and bumped quite a few grouse. Looked to me like it was 2 year old clear cut so I would imagine its prime . Problem for me was they took out my favorite  grove of hickory nut trees and I was there hunting squirrel. 

If it's only 2 years old it's gonna get much better 

• Like 1