Norwegian March at West Point!

First-light

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1729447350837965

Norwegian Foot March 
Last night, cadets tested their endurance marching and running 18.6 grueling miles while carrying (AT LEAST) a 25-pound rucksack. In order to complete the march successfully, the course must be completed in under 4.5 hours. This allows U.S. soldiers an opportunity to earn a foreign armed forces badge.

Teddi and her roommate did it in 3 hrs 52 mins. 39 lbs ruck sack also!

Edited by First-light
  • Like 4

• First-light changed the title to Norwegian March at West Point!
3 hours ago, Doc said:

They had to run???? The last time I ran was back in high school. And as I recall that didn't last too long. And I was only carrying my gym shorts and a tee-shirt.

I'm actually doing a 50 mile Ruck the month of May for SSS. Stop Soldier Suicide. I asked my young cadet how to Ruck and she told me the following. Minimal poundage in backpack is 24lbs. This does not include rifle and water. Her and roommate did 39. March real hard on the inclines and jog down the hills. Take any advantage to jog to increase better time. Plenty of power bars and water. She just eats up this stuff. I love to jog and exercise. I got her into it at a real young age and she embraced it. The coaches at her high school called her old school Teddi because after practice she would do more laps or other training when teammates went home. Best thing it grew on the younger kids, they looked up to her and started doing the same, a few but it was nice. 

Edited by First-light
  • Like 2