Flight Archery Competition

Doc

Not as a "competition", LOL

Back in the mid 80's an old, now deceased, good friend and I would do it with compound bows for fun. (beer)

After his back field was baled we would shoot our way to the back then shoot back to the house.  It was about 700 yards deep and only 100 yards or so wide.  If the bales were still present that for some great targets so we had that as well as the distance fun.

That's Harry Drake IIRC above?

• Like 3

Never knew there were flight competitions. My first home had large agriculture fields off my back yard, close to 500 yards deep. I had both a rifle and archery range set up there and we did a little archery shooting to see how far our arrows would fly out of the then new compound bows compared to our old recurves. Entertaining for sure and I will say the over a mile record was safe.

Al

4 hours ago, airedale said:

Never knew there were flight competitions. My first home had large agriculture fields off my back yard, close to 500 yards deep. I had both a rifle and archery range set up there and we did a little archery shooting to see how far our arrows would fly out of the then new compound bows compared to our old recurves. Entertaining for sure and I will say the over a mile record was safe.

Al

IIRC we’d  often loose sight of them but luckily they all landed close to where we figured.  Lol

That idea of holding the bow against your feet for the "foot-held" division of Flight Shooting always made me wonder how many guys wound up with their bow in their mouth. They must have had straps or something to keep that from happening........I hope. However, whether hand held or foot held, it sounds like fun.