Summer Bass Fishing

genesee_mohican

I did a solo bass opener last weekend in the Adirondacks. Remote canoe and tent camp with my 12' Hornbeck canoe. The bass fishing was great and super fun and I caught some beautiful hard fighting bass using a Fenwick HMG Med light rod with 6lb test on a Phluger spinning reel. It was mostly calm all weekend, although it rained quite a bit at times, but that didn't slow down the fishing. Being up there in the quite with loons, deer and eagles was pretty refreshing too. I can't wait to get back up there.

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG

F3.JPG

F1.JPG

F8.JPG

F10.JPG

• Like 7

I see that you got a mixed bag of smallmouth and largemouth.  Smallmouth are my favorite fish , mostly because I haven’t caught anything else that out pulls them, pound per pound.  They seem to at least double the pull of a largemouth, in that respect.  Did you notice that on  this trip ?

Even though they lack comparative pulling strength, I wish there were some largemouth in the small Adirondack lake where my in-laws live (who we will be visiting this Holliday weekend).  I like to eat bass and I find the largemouth to be a little easier to clean and just a tad better tasting, than smallmouth.  

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1