pendulum bow sight

longislandhunter12

I used one for quite a few years. They work great as long as you are above your target. I missed a buck once when hunting on the side of a bank. The deer came from above me and was pretty much eye level even though I was 20 feet up in a tree. The pendulum does not work in those situations.

I used one for quite a few years. They work great as long as you are above your target. I missed a buck once when hunting on the side of a bank. The deer came from above me and was pretty much eye level even though I was 20 feet up in a tree. The pendulum does not work in those situations.

Not really Sudzy... been using the pendulum for years. No disrespect here. If you were on the same level the pendulum would not even move from the ground position so the sight was not the problem, you just missed. The pendulum works perfect right out to about 35 yards. The closer to the stand the deer is the farther the pendulum swings out thus raising the pin so to speak. If you want great 1 pin tree stand sight these are great.

Here's what I use.  http://www.basspro.com/TruGlo-Pendulum-Sight/product/48077/

Edited by nybuckboy
  • Like 1

I have used pendulum sights for years in one form or the other.I love them.Also work on the ground if you sight it in for 20yds.On the ground it's like using a standard one pin sight.IMO,the Trophy Ridge Pendulum V Drive was the best bow sight ever made.

Edited by Bow Addict

I used and loved a pendulum sight for my first 4 years of bow hunting. Killed a few deer with it and thought what could be a better sight for a tree hunter like me. This was until I missed a 140s 8 at 35 yards. Pendulums are only good out until max 30 yards even from a tree I have since switched to a 5 pin and have had no problem. Get a range finder and pins and your fine just shot a wide 6 at 30 yards last night.