Pheasant with a bow?

Woodjr55

So the other night I was in my treestand on the edge of a cut field and saw a male ringneck pheasant about 10 yards from my stand. If the season was open could I have shot him with my bow and a judo tip? I don't see any where were it says I can or can't. Thanks for the help ahead of time

General Small Game Regulations

• You may not use a rifle or handgun to hunt pheasant or migratory game birds.

You may not take a turkey with a rifle, or with a handgun firing a bullet. You may hunt turkey with a shotgun or handgun only when using shot no larger than #2 and no smaller than #8.

Air guns may be used to hunt squirrels, rabbits, hares, ruffed grouse, and furbearers that may be hunted (e.g., raccoons and coyotes) and unprotected species. Air guns may not be used to hunt waterfowl, pheasant, wild turkey, or big game.

A bow or crossbow may be used to hunt small game. See Crossbow Hunting for additional information.

See the General Hunting Regulations for additional information.

I almost clubbed one to death a few years ago with my bow , we had a nasty one that would run out of the same spot everytime we walked up the hill , reminded me of those videos of the canadian geese attacking people. I don't think bludgeoning one is in the rule book .

What about using a field point on a pheasant?

There is a spot that I have seen turkey in and a pheasant during the spring season. There were a few deer tracks around there too.  I know I can take turkey with the same tip I have for deer.

I have been debating to either go in with a shotgun for the turkey and pheasant in the that spot, or just going there with the bow and concentrating on the deer.

Last year I concentrated on turkey in an area that I never saw deer sign-in and took the shotgun.  Ended up 20 yards from a nice doe during bow season.  Could only watch her nibble a bit and slowly walk away into the trees and brush without a care in the world.  Went back there in the afternoon with the bow - no deer.  Feel like Charlie Brown when these things happen - "good grief!  Well there must be a reason ..."

Well turkey goes right up to gun season in our area ...and the last two weeks of bow  you can use a cross bow on deer...so that's an easy option for both....Personally I can't wait for turkey season to open I will be taking the cross bow out....hoping to get a doe and buck before then...but I can sling the cross bow over my shoulder and carry my Venture in in my hand until Nov. 1...That is the start of last 2 wks isn't it?