CVA Cascade XT Rifle

airedale

In my search for a 6.5 PRC rifle, I kept seeing this relatively new CVA bolt action Cascade rifle being promoted. Review after review raving about this rifle and I read a lot of them. I have seen enough evidence to prove this gun has to be one of the very best buys in a hunting rifle for both price and performance. Had I been able to purchase one with a walnut stock I would have bit. Who gives a money back guarantee for accuracy? Looking for a new rifle to hunt with I would give this cascade a serious look.

Al

Anyone with experience in the shooting sports knows fully well that accuracy guarantees have to be taken with a grain of salt. There are just way too many variables, barrels, triggers, bedding, bullets, powder charges, optics, weather conditions, just to name a few. There are some manufacturers that do get most of their ducks in a row when it comes to build quality. What stood out for me with the CVA Cascade was not the company's sales pitch, it was the many videos and articles of owners actually testing the rifles and getting super performance and raving about it, I have yet to read anything really negative. I believe even the guy in the video above shot a Cascade and gave it a thumbs up. On the other hand I have seen many reviews of so called sub minute guaranteed rifles not do so well. 

I have my own criteria for accuracy and group my rifles in categories as to what their purpose is. Target rifles, Varmint rifles with heavy barrels, Varmint rifles with sporter barrels, Big game hunting rifles and Plinkers they all have different requirements in the accuracy department as far as grouping goes.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

I found the savage in 350legend out of the box a 1mao using federal factory ammo.. just got lucky i guess

LOL, According to the fellow in the video you did. Unless one gets hold of a complete dog, I have found most firearms with a little tweaking with ammo, trigger and sometimes bedding shoot pretty well, especially for hunting.

Al

• Like 1

1 hour ago, airedale said:

LOL, According to the fellow in the video you did. Unless one gets hold of a complete dog, I have found most firearms with a little tweaking with ammo, trigger and sometimes bedding shoot pretty well, especially for hunting.

Al

yup, the only adjustment was with the trigger, again it was factory option included..
Lucky for sure :)

Bought a  Rem 783 in 243 and did everything from stock change to bolt work..it couldnt group past 50 yrds