NFA-ADK

NFA-ADK

12/20/14

Woke up at 3:15 again, dam I am tired!  Hunted from a stand again, arg.  If I did not have bad luck this year I would have no luck at all!  Got to the stand at about 6:30 and settled in.  After about two hours I stand to stretch my legs and when I look to my left a doe is standing 40 yards broadside staring at me!  Busted!  GRRR  10 minutes later I see 3 more doe at 60+ yards with no clear shot, they skirt my position and head into the fields.   

I get down from the stand to take care of business and I jump another doe and then 3 more go running out of the woods, ARG!!!  I get back into the stand and try some fawn in distress calls by mouth, two minutes later the boys come to pick me up to go home.  2015 can not come quick enough! 

My vacation time is now used up and I have one more weekend to go.  I am hearing more rumors about LI bow season being extended into January.  At least if it does happen it will be a new year and hopefully a new beginning. 

Sunday the 14th this was the day I saw 11 deer on the morning sit and called in the spike that ended up bedding 10 yards from me.  I did not have him centered in the video because I was looking behind him and did not want to look him head on with the camera and my face.  This was the highlight of my season so far and I really enjoyed watching him chew his cud.  He did not like my bow when I lowed it for lunch and exited quietly, then I jumped 2 doe entering the area as I left.  I hate going out for lunch! 

This is part of the video, interesting his reaction to the gun fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MmTOhjF0iE&feature=youtu.be