A busy canning weekend.

I stayed out of the woods this weekend because of the warmth on Saturday, and then today because I need to be away again for week of work and wouldn’t have time to deal with another deer. 

So over the weekend we canned and  made jerky.

The yield from the deer I shot last weekend was 25 Quarts of canned venison, 12 pounds (before drying) of jerky, 1 pickled heart, 2 back straps cut and frozen, and the tenderloins got eaten already. 

Additionally, we canned a 20 plus pound plus turkey including the meat and broth, 4 pints of chicken breast, and 12 pints of cranberry’s.  

Along with the garden bounty, we are well on our way to being prepared for Winter. 

93844E84-99B8-4B6E-8829-A17409DC632C.jpeg

Edited by New York Hillbilly
spelling
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Looks amazing!

It really is fantastic this way, and I don't need to worry about the freezer losing power as happened to me a couple times before. Talk about stress!

I'm thankful my wife learned how to can food after all these years. She has gotten to be quite the expert at it. Even the toughest piece of meat becomes so tender you can cut it with a fork. :  )