Question on choke of H & R

Here's the deal, I have an old H & R single shot 12 bore with rifle sights and smooth bore. Friend bought me a duck stamp and I have a box of steel shot 4's. I was thinking about flogging some ducks off my brothers trout stream and swamp. Woodies mostly . A few black ducks too. Any idea on what choke this gun is ? Shots will all be pretty close range. I did manage to shoot a nice drake woodie a few years ago with same gun and about 15 minutes  later smashed a nice tom turkey for 2/3's of a tur-duc-hen at 10 yards. My guess would be improved cylinder. Unfortunately my other 2 shotguns are slug guns

Edited by turkeyfeathers

If it has rifle sights it is no doubt a slug gun. As long as it is a smoothbore, chances are that it is either cylinder bore or IC.

The good news is, IC often shoots excellent patterns with steel shot.

I use an IC tube in my Rem 11-87 for all waterfowl, and in my Browning Citori, I use IC/Mod.

Never used a cylinder bore for steel, but skeet works pretty good. and that's between cylinder and IC..

The question is, are the rifled sights factory installed or were they added by someone afterwards?  The barrel on a H&R single shot usually has the choke marked on it on the left side of the barrel by the chamber area near the receiver.  It may say CYL, MOD or FULL, maybe even SLUG, but it should be marked.