Weihrauch HW-90 25 cal

With the amount of shooting I like to do I have become a huge fan of the newer modern air guns, the good ones can produce gilt edge accuracy, and enough power to hunt with all for a reasonable price per shot compared to even low end bulk 22 ammo.

Today I upped my game and put together a Weihrauch 25 cal gas piston rifle for mostly small game. German made and it reeks quality, everything about it is first rate, fit and finish along with a great trigger, just outstanding. The one drawback with many of the better air rifles is they are heavy and this one weighs almost 9 lbs. That was a big determining factor on my scope selection, I got a couple of 4x12s and a 6.5x20 sitting around but I feel I really do not need that much magnification on a 50 yard hunting-plinking gun along with putting the weight in the 11 lb range.

So for now at least I mounted one of my favorite scopes on the Weihrauch, a 2.5X lightweight Leupold, I have several of these scopes mounted on Deer rifles and I love them. Took it out to the range for a quick sight in and at thirty yards I made several 5 cent coin size ragged one hole groups, I was thrilled and I do not think I would have shot any better with the 6.5X20 mounted. I have a big selection of various pellets to try so hopefully when I get some time I will really put this rifle through it's paces and have more to report.

Al

2024-07-31_201900.png

• Like 1