couple of my bucks

bowaholic

Here are a few of my bucks I've shot over the last few years.  I've shot others but they were at the beginning of my hunting career so I wasn't as picky.  All of my deer are up on my wall as they are all trophies and memories I will always remember.  Hunting is more than just killing and consuming an animal, or putting antlers/mounts on the wall.  It teaches respect (to the animals and other hunters), hard work, dedication and patience.  Yes we ALL sit in the woods and imaging a 160+ inch buck walking down the trail right to us, but we get carried away with this sometimes.  Everyone just needs to sit back and take in all of the little things and appreciate what the sport/passion of hunting truly gives us.  The next time you go out, sit there and just think about how lucky you are to be right where you are at that exact moment.   

Good luck to everyone who goes out this weekend and hunt Safe and SMART! 

post-2819-0-33341300-1415805027_thumb.jp

Going from L to R top to bottom

2009 175 pound 4 point (bow) shot from ground at 10 yards while making a scrape

2010 150 pound 8 point (shotgun) shot in swamp opening morning

2011 ??? pound 6 point (bow) shot before college class, showed up late but my teacher didn't care because I got a deer

2014 ??? pound 8 point (bow) 40 yards from the ground opening morning of September season.

(did all the mount myself) 

• Like 6