Need advice

fearthebeard

I have a stand in a patch of woods between standing corn and wheat fields I have a active scrape about 150 yard from my stand and several smaller scrapes right near mine and new ones have appeared around my stand after opening day my camera tells me they have been coming at night I've seen one deer a doe from that stand during the day and that's after a group of about ten pushed the woods right by me but they didn't get the bucks because I still have them on camera at night how do I get the deer out of the corn and should I change where I'm hunting i habit harvested a bucks yet in my life I'm 24 and I do everything a can to be a good ethical hunter with rep sect for everyone lives property and hunting spots just getting discouraged a little

I'm shocked that the corn is still standing at this time of year. Once that is cut it will change things so I wouldn't be two quick to change spots. One thing you need to be aware of are the travel routes and where the deer are bedding. You are set up away from these routes to and from their beds your chances of sightings are diminished dramatically. Also, now the Rut is on at least where I hunt most logic gets tossed out of the window as deer break habit. You need to look at an aerial photo of where you hunt (Google Maps Satellite) as well as the evidence you see on the ground while scouting to get a better understand of your property. The more time in the woods and in the stand and you will get a better understanding of how to better hunt that piece of property. I hunting for 3-4 years before I got my first deer on the property I hunt. After that I know harvest an animal every year and have become very selective on what I take. This weekend for instance I passed on at least 12 deer as I am not worried about filling the freezer with does and would like to take a mature buck.

• Like 1

I know the deer trails and such they just Havint left that corn there's a slammer buck that I have a camera at night and a 7 pointer a 3 and spike all at that scrape as well as several does as well peeing in it just don't want to mess with that scrape to much and hunt right over top of it I have pics of my spot if it will help

I'm shocked that the corn is still standing at this time of year. Once that is cut it will change things so I wouldn't be two quick to change spots. One thing you need to be aware of are the travel routes and where the deer are bedding. You are set up away from these routes to and from their beds your chances of sightings are diminished dramatically. Also, now the Rut is on at least where I hunt most logic gets tossed out of the window as deer break habit. You need to look at an aerial photo of where you hunt (Google Maps Satellite) as well as the evidence you see on the ground while scouting to get a better understand of your property. The more time in the woods and in the stand and you will get a better understanding of how to better hunt that piece of property. I hunting for 3-4 years before I got my first deer on the property I hunt. After that I know harvest an animal every year and have become very selective on what I take. This weekend for instance I passed on at least 12 deer as I am not worried about filling the freezer with does and would like to take a mature buck.