The perfect shot

ididnotvoteforobama

Today,  I was out hunting at a friends farm in Collins, NY, 9h, beautiful day, low 40's , front supposed to move in about 4pm, with snow expected tonight.  The deer should be up and feeding, so I'm sitting in an elevated stand overlooking a brushy field and a hay field with standing corn about 275 yds away. About 2:15 , 2 doe pop out of the corn and feed along the edge. I pulled out my range finder and ranged them at 303 yds. , so hopefully they will feed up the field and be within 250 yds  or less.  A dog starts to bark on the other side of the corn field and they start  to get nervous and trot up the field in front of me. 2 young average sized doe , so I range the corn across from me at 265 yds , a third much larger  doe comes out of the corn and joins the other 2 moving up in front of me at a slow trot, I grunt and they stop, I range the biggest doe at 245 yds.  Pull up my T/C Triumph and take a look through the scope. Thinking,  I shoot this range at my cabin ,  during the summer and can put 3 shots in a 3" circle at 250 yds.  I put the cross hairs on the biggest doe and let 'er rip , cloud of smoke and they are all are running into the corn. An awful lot of crashing going on , but there are 3 deer going across the corn rows , at the,  shot she didn't look hit , no mule kick or falling , stumbling. I'll sit and and wait till dark  , knowing right where they went into the corn. I get a call from my friend and fill him in . No deer show up ,  so we all meet at my stand at 4:30. Head across the field looking for blood , not really expecting to see any, well a spot , then some more,  into the corn  , you would think somebody had a red paint brush , painting the corn leaves , after about 30 yds.,  there she lay , a huge doe , a pig , guessing about 175 lbs.  live weight. I hit her right where I aimed , mid body right behind the front leg , double lung , absolute most perfect shot   I could make .  Fill out my tag , quick gut and onto the 4 wheeler, back to the barn  , we hoist her up on the scale and she weighs out at 165 lbs dressed . So that would put her about 190 lbs.  live weight  , from the sight of her teeth , I'd have to say 5 1/2 yrs old. Too dark for pictures on my crappy phone.

T/C Triumph with Nikon Omega scope with BDC reticle

150 grain 777 pellets , 300 grain Hornady XTP Mag  bullet

• Like 5