Tompkins County Late DMP Season

kpkot

I was reading about this program on the DEC website. I found this very interesting, however it left me with a few questions I thought I would direct towards our Tompkins county members.

I have only had the opportunity to stop in Ithaca once in my life. (I stopped for lunch at this NY style pizza place that was amazing) First, for a two deer daily take it has to be crawling with deer? Second I know Ithaca to be a very liberal outspoken society. Have any of you members participated and have you encountered any negative force from the community within the deer management focus areas?

There are TONS of deer within the City Limits, especially in the Cayuga Heights area, however you cant hunt these deer. There is Very Little availible land open to people to hunt out of town and even if you score and get permission to hunt you will not see that many deer. I took 2 deer last year, however I sat many days only seeing squerels. And have never heard of any negitive feedback from the liberals in town.

• Like 1