Kodiak cams

growalot

I see them advertised on the site...by the way...Lancaster sells them for less that the Kodiak site does...that mentioned...Anyone have and use these cams? Just wondering how they work...I personally do not have a smart phone ...but lik the on cam veiw option they are showing...not a bad price either

Doubt these are going to sell well.

Better off having an MMS cam or something. These are real specific use cams and wifi engagement likely causes as much battery drain as an MMS cam. The download speed is probably going to take a while and you'll need to be well within their advertised range. Rumor is right around 100ft is max to expect transfer, but some reports of close to 200ft. So think about this...if 100ft...30 yards give or take. Where's the real-world benefit?

Spypoint has invested alot into the wifi stuff, and even their advertised range is largely overstated in the real-world application. This technology will need to be greatly improved before it could be used by the masses who buy one or two of these cams and not a repeater network, which they haven't developed yet.

I think they are a cam that's "in-between" features wise and it just doesn't make much sense. If you can somehow build a repeater network and the cams have a longer real-world range, ala buckeye, then you start to get into more wide range use...someone could set many of these up with repeaters for a managed property.

There's a guy who frequents the management and cam forums who has a heck of a buckeye network built up. He sings the praises of this setup like its the second coming, but he's also got several thousand (as in more than $5k) into this network.

Edited by phade