Chiappa Double Badger

hunter

I just saw my first one and I like it. It's an over under 22 mag over 410 ga. Wood stock double triggers and folds in half for easy storage. It's similar to the savage 24 and now 42. I know it's a survival type gun and would want more choices like the old savage 24 you could get a variety of centerfire calibers as well as 20 and 12 ga shotgun barrels. Of course the 410 will shoot 45 colt but it is a smoothbore. On the plus side the price was reasonable. On the minus side I was picking up a new rile that day so I couldn't double up but maybe in the future. BTW I was at Richie Scheriff's gun shop in Gilbertsville and he was asking $351 which seems in line with what I could find on the net. I found some a little cheaper but when you pay ffl fees and shipping you are not winning plus I like to support local guys as long as I'm not being ripped off.

"Of course the 410 will shoot 45 colt but it is a smoothbore."

I hope you know a .410 barrel will NOT shoot .45 LC unless it has been specifically designed to do so.  It would need to have a bore diameter of .45 inch all the way to the muzzle.  Most .410 shotgun have a .41 inch bore and an even tighter choke at the muzzle.

Does the manufacturer say you can shoot .45 LC in it?

Edited by Mr VJP

The specs don't say anything about it being able to shoot .45 LC ammo and they do say it has a fixed full choke.  That means it can NOT safely shoot .45 LC ammo without a danger of blowing the barrel.

Tell the guy in the shop he is going to get someone hurt badly giving out that type of incorrect and dangerous info.