Fundraiser for the young boy shot in Orange County last weekend

backstrapper

John, the site admin ok's this post.

As most of you know by now a young boy in Orange County NY was shot in the stomach this past  weekend while doing a drive. This should never have happened but it did and now it's time to focus on the young man and his family.. The young boy, David is recovering in the hospital but this event has created a financial hardship for the family.  A local sportsmen website is doing a fundraiser for the family and is asking any sportsmen that are able to help ease this family's hardship.  The link below will provide you with all the details regarding the incident, the family and how to donate. http://www.hudsonvalleysportsman.com/index.php/topic,2112.0.html 

Thank you in advance for your support, always identify your target and be safe.  This post was graciously approved by the hunting new york administrator.

Thanks John and have Happy Holidays, Backstrapper

Fixed the formatting in your post...

david-banner.jpg

For those who are a little lazy :) here is some of the info from their post.

Earlier today I spent some time visiting with the family and experienced  firsthand some of the emotional and financial hardships that have come  about as a result of this unfortunate accident.  I immediately felt  compelled to help this family and I am hoping you do as well.

To  put it plainly, I am calling on you as sportsmen, community members and  parents to please make a donation to this family.  I am asking you to  consider a $20 donation but would appreciate any amount you are  comfortable with.

Checks can be made out to: Felicite Calabrese

You can mail the check to:

Doreen Knowles

PO box 530

High Falls NY 12440

Please include your name and phone # or HVS username.

More Details

The  child’s name is David and he resides in Walden with his mother,  step-dad and two sisters. He is the oldest of the children with his  sisters being six(6) and two(2) years of age.. On December 14, 2010, Ron  visited with his mother during his normal course of business. He  conveyed to me that the financial situation facing this family could use  some help, from hudsonvalleysportsman.com and any others who are  willing to get involved.

Mom is presently out of work caring for  her son and their family car appears to be in the need of repairs and  not to mention that Christmas is right around the corner. Her concern is  that this unfortunate accident will take its toll in many ways. The  associated physical and mental stress, as well as the financial  hardships they face, will totally dampen the “Christmas Spirit.” In  speaking with David’s mother it looks as if David will be hospitalized  until after the Holidays and it is about an hour’s drive each way from  their home in Walden to the hospital.

Although this was David’s  first year being involved with the deer drive he totally enjoys hunting  and plans on getting more involved as he grows up. Mom says all her kids  have been around guns and understand the safety issues associated with  them.

Our thoughts and prayers are with this family during the  Holidays and hopefully we can encourage our members to do the same and  open their hearts and purses to a family that is in need.

Thank You

Ron Lambertson and the rest of the Hudsonvalleysportsman.com  staff

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101211/NEWS/101219961

David Calabrese

david.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to personally thanks everyone from this great site for donations received and a big thanks to burmjohn for letting me post the fundraiser information. The overall response to our efforts was fantastic. Aside from the generous amounts of money and gifts which were received the ability to help someone in their time of need provided an enormous amount of satisfaction to all of us. “thank you" one and all for making this so successful.”

We raised a total of $3,672.00 in money and services for David and his family.

[/size]Thanks, Ron