CVA Wolf issue

Jaeger

Does anyone else have a problem carrying their cva wolf across the chest?  I always hit the barrel release and it opens up while stalking.  Very annoying and I've lost several ramrods.

Looking to replace it for only that reason, and suggestions on a light, mid-priced muzzleloader with some type of quick release breach plug and NO barrel release in front of the trigger guard?

I have had that happen when carrying it slung.  Do you have the model where the release lever hangs below the trigger guard, or the one where the knurled button is in front of the trigger guard?

Mine has the knurled button/lever immediately in front of the trigger guard.  I don't think it's a stiffness issue, just in the wrong location for the way I carry it.

I like to walk with the rifle cradled in the crook of my left arm barrel pointing left.  This puts the lever against my left arm which causes it to activate and pop the barrel open.

I'm looking at the new LHR Redempton with the external threads on the breach plug and cerecoated to prevent corrosion.

Notably, it uses a break open shotgun type lever to open the barrel, no release anywhere near the trigger guard.

The only issue is it is heavy. 

• 3 weeks later...