Final thoughts on this season in 3H

ANTLERS

Now that the season is over,Im just curious with the opinion of fellow 3H hunters.Has the quality of the bucks you saw proof that AR is working?Is the doe numbers really as bad as the DEC says it is?For me,The bow season was very slow but picked up dramatically on opening day of the gun.I saw 9 does opening day and tagged out at 3pm with a nice 7 pntr.Did not go back up again until the ML season and the one day I was up there saw several does also.Curious to hear what you guys have to say.

I had 1 blown opportunity on a monster 8 pointer... My uncle had the same monster in his scope for muzzle, and pulled the trigger, the cap went off but the gunpowder did not fire!  He was devastated...    During bow season I saw a few shooters, out of range unfortunately... There were quite a few spikes and 4 pointers running around.  Anyways, this is my first year hunting in 3H, and I was pleased.  No bucks taken, however, that big 8 is going to be even bigger next year.  And the 4 pointer I saw is going to be a beast!  I'm psyched for next year.  There were also quite a few spikes that I'm curious to see how they turn out next year, they were not small so I hope they get some growth next year.  AR is not the best solution, however its A solution that is manageable in mass by the DEC and I'll be for it for the foreseeable future unless facts and first hand experience prove otherwise.