So I finally got it.

jimbo91

I finally got my savage edge off of layaway. .270 caliber, stainless steel barrel, camo synthetic stock, bolt action, it's nice lol. I bought a scope for it, a shooters edge FF 3-9x40mm. I only ran into one problem, I bought scope bases that fit the gun, but they are too big for the scope, to far apart. Does anyone make a solid base instead of two pieces with extra notches to adjust? Isn't the edge just a new 110? could i use a 110 base?

• 4 weeks later...

Return the bases and rings for a refund and purchase yourself a good set of Leupold Quick-Dis connect bases and rings. Cost $40.00-$60.00

Just don't buy what looks right, get the ones for the rifle.

Check your scope's specs and make sure it has enough eye relief so it can be adjusted to fit you when you mount the rifle to your shoulder.

If it doesn't then return it for a refund for one that does.

Sky clip is removable in the Edges so you can load the clip and +1 in the chamber if you wanted. I have always like the removable clip guns better myself.

yes i know,

what i should of said was ejection, my savage lll is the same way, 4 round clip, but mine is less side and more top shell ejection.