Moultrie 880 gen 2

sbuff

Its your typical Moultrie. Never going to wow you with performance, but usually not the bottom of the barrel.

Cams at night use pretty lame ISO and metering techniques. Results in some blur and grain. The Gen2s also seem to hold onto to daylight pictures too long, where they should be nighttime images with the IR and filter down. Not sure why but Moultrie and Browning seem to feature that this year. It's not a huge deal, but rumor is that a lot of the engineers at Browning came from Moultrie this past year to two years.

Its one of those cams that I would only ever consider when on a very deep sale. For the typical asking price, there are better performing cams.

Edited by phade

• 1 month later...

the 880 has been working trouble free since 10/17 . Pics are great day and night. I am thinking of now upgrading to the gen2 990I as my current 990I is a couple years old. I actually had a issue with it and Moultri offered to replace the camera with the gen2 990I for free but it started working as it should. I was VERY pleased with Moultries customers service as they offered to replace it for free.