New York Sucks.

Four Season Whitetail's

I am new to this, but I'm not new to NY. To the best of my recollection, we don't really get a ton of snow through regular season and, I understand, some light snow (which is generally what we get through the first two weeks of december) aid significantly in tracking of animals. So how is that a bad thing?

I love a couple of inches of snow when hunting. It's great for muffling still-hunting sounds. It makes deer visible from a long distance away. It tells all kinds of stories about deer patterns and activities and even identifies where the deer are hanging out. And then too as already mentioned, it makes blood-trailing pretty darn easy. Now all we have to do is to figure out how to get it in the woods without it landing on the roads (and my driveway).

• Like 1

I've recently been telling people I wish that deer season and the rut were in February.  By then 10 degrees feels normal and 20 degrees brings out the t-shirt and sneakers!!    We're used to it!!

Seriously, people complaining now about 35 degrees would love that in FEB.!!!

Snow is good for hunting, it gets cool for deer season in NY and if you want to shoot in your t-shirt go south and deal with 'gators, snakes, 'skeeters, and spoiled meat.

Love Deer season in NY, (Just wish I could acclimate to the cold quicker, by Feb I comfortable with anything over 15degrees).