Tips and tricks ground Blinds

jaxofdeth1

Tree stands are preferred by many, not all. Some prefer to be on the ground and don't even use blinds of any kind.

Rule #1: Make sure it's big enough to compensate the type of hunting you are doing. For bow you need a bigger blind to make sure you can draw your bow with no issues.

The best set up for a store bought ground blind or a ground blind you make yourself is position. Wind is a big part, but if you only have one I would try and set it up in a spot where deer have to pass by you getting to/from a bedding area, but not too close. Never set them up in the open. If hunting fields set it up on the edge a little ways back in the woods. In the woods try to set up somewhere that has a back drop, bushes behind it at minimum. I like to set a ground blind up where I have something behind me, and trees on the sides with a full open view to where I have scouted deer coming from. You also have to brush it in. Another tip I will offer is get some UV Killer spray the blind. As for a seat, if bow hunting, I never use a seat that has arms on it. They get in the way at times when trying to draw the bow. Get a tripod seat or camp chair with no arms. For gun, you can use a $10 camp chair with arms on it, but I prefer the camp chairs with no arms so I can use the same seat in all seasons.

Another tip I almost forgot, Don't pay attention to that "shoot through" screen BS. Open the screens as well as the shooting windows. 

Edited by ....rob

Though I agree with the he above I think it is key you should set it up as far in advance as possible and brush up the outline of it. Put it somewhere where you can access it smart not leading deer to it with your scent or them crossing your path during/post hunt. Where black not camo inside- face paint helps too. Snow will collapse and ruin them. Stake the chit out of it- even screw in dog anchors as the wind will happily remove or relocate it for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk