New Hunter

NyKoZ

Hi guys, i am new to hunting and i just moved to westchester county. i live 5 mins from state land that you can hunt so i went out yesterday and scouted an area. i did come across a treestand and just kept going and found a nice spot. basically what  i am asking is what are some do's and donts on hunting public property. i hope you guys can help me out i am really enjoying it already i just hate being so cluless. thanks alot 

so if i see those blue dep signs all i need is the nyc water supply lands permit?

No. There are designated areas for hunting, not all DEP property allows hunting.

On top of that, there are regulations in regards to what type of hunting and implements allowed.

Be sure to read through your hunting guide and ask questions if you don't understand it.

Welcome to HuntingNY.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Here is the only tip I could give you.  Forget those areas, there are only a few and they are over run with hunters.  If you are from westchester then you must have some friends and family where you could hunt. Get on the computer ( google earth) and look at all the possible locations you might be able to hunt.  You might find that somebody you know borders a protected sanctuary.  You probably could find a honey hole that would make alot of hunters envious.

• Like 1

Here is the only tip I could give you. Forget those areas, there are only a few and they are over run with hunters. If you are from westchester then you must have some friends and family where you could hunt. Get on the computer ( google earth) and look at all the possible locations you might be able to hunt. You might find that somebody you know borders a protected sanctuary. You probably could find a honey hole that would make alot of hunters envious.

Thanks....I been asking around All my friends go upstate.

Im in yorktown ....thanks for all the responses so far

. Go to outhouse orchards In north Salem and ask if they still allow bow hunting, he will charge you a small fee for the season, but you will have a great food source to hunt and not much competition from other hunters

. Go to outhouse orchards In north Salem and ask if they still allow bow hunting, he will charge you a small fee for the season, but you will have a great food source to hunt and not much competition from other hunters

Thanks I'm gonna look into that Edited by NyKoZ