Ultimate Plots For Turkeys?

What's the ultimate foodplot for turkeys? I've tried soybeans, corn, winter rye, winter wheat, clover, and chicory with no success or big draw.

10 years ago, we had more turkeys than squirrels in the area surrounding my property. In the past ~7 years, seeing a turkey is a rare occurance. Don't know if it's predators, nest raiders, or what is causing the lack of tukeys. The habitat hasn't changed at all. In all of 2010, I saw a flock of 5 birds one time on my property in Sept. I have trailcams out all year, but never see turkeys.

Best fall plot i have found for turkey are oats, you just have to plant them later so they don't head out untill october. About middle of june works for me. Spring ?? well if you have a standing cornfield left with any corn left in it chop it(brushhog it). This also works in fall if you chop(brushhog) a few outside rows. You must have a high predator population or are lacking nesting cover if you not getting a good hatch. If you have all this has your land use changed..I had a nice neighbor who decided she would walk her dog on my logging roads since they were dry in the spring. I couldn't understand how a 15 year consistant roost are had just stop being used! that is until i say her  one morning comming down the edge of the field with her dog. I politely asked her not to walk her dog there in april or may but was free to do so all summer till end of sept-dec hunting seasons. the birds returned in a few weeks and have been there ever since. And i still get along well with the neighbor. :P The one thing i have learned is that turkeys like undisturbed woods for roosting in. Just imagine if you got kicked out of your bedroom every morning..i'm sure you'ld find another place to sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

We walk a sharp edge between luck and disaster here...for we have more than a thriving bug population....lucky that it keeps our turkey very happy and healthy and a disaster if they can't keep up with it or the increasing populations of mink... weasel...yote...feral cat..raccoon and skunk take a toll on eggs....we've already lost a great population of ruff grouse......the turkey hit the turnip plots in early spring...the smell of rotting turnips bring in all kinds of bugs and I have HSG and clover mix next to them....but our land literally looks like it's moving away from you while you walk...right after the grass hopper hatch...turkeys luv  those tiny grass hoppers......