Finished the season in 8F until gun.

chas0218

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it back to my property until gun season this year. I just need to spend some time at home with the wife and 10 month old son so I will be hunting the rest of bow season at home. Kind of bitter sweet as I love hunting our farm but my son needs me around and my wife could use the extra help. So it looks like I might not be able to seal the deal on a P&Y unless my buddy's property has some deer I have never seen. Gotta get my priorities straight.

Might end up being a tag soup kind of year.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1

As a father of a 3 year old and 9 month I can assure you that you're doing the right thing. You'll have many, many deer seasons, but your time with family at that age is a 1 time shot!

My three year old was confused yesterday wondering where the deer is that I "caught". I believe she was under the impression that I was taking home a new pet. When I said I got it to eat she said she doesn't want any deer in her food.

Thanks guys. I think my wife will be a little happier too getting a little more help around the house. I do enjoy watching him crawl around and getting into mischief, he always likes to go in the garage while I work or "help" me split wood out back. My wife gets a kick out of him because he will sit there in his little coupe for a couple hours just watching me split wood or work on the car. For a 10 month old he is a pretty easy baby.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 1