Climbing sticks

Woodjr55

So I've been debating on getting a set of climbing sticks and a light hang on stand for a while now but had a few questions for those who use them. I was looking at 3 packs and it seems line you don't get very high box says 12.5 feet but I'm sure you can squeeze another foot or two out of them.

Any suggestions on which to get?

And the reason I'm going this route vs a climber is I would leave them on the tree rather then climb down with a climber and then climb up later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Lone Wolf sticks , not cheap but light and easy to carry but most important rock solid hold to tree. Now yes with 3 using the way your planning you won't get real high , 15 feet or so if you space them well. For packing in there're hard to beat.

You also will be stepping up onto stand not down to squeeze out all the height .

I use them on stands I leave in place so I start with a couple of screw ins so that helps.

Next year I may use 4 sticks per stand but that will require buying more.

I killed my buck out of a three stick set up this year, I'm sure I was under 15 up due to tree shape.

post-253-0-50899300-1447719631_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I use Lone Wolf sticks , not cheap but light and easy to carry but most important rock solid hold to tree. Now yes with 3 using the way your planning you won't get real high , 15 feet or so if you space them well. For packing in there're hard to beat.

You also will be stepping up onto stand not down to squeeze out all the height .

I use them on stands I leave in place so I start with a couple of screw ins so that helps.

Next year I may use 4 sticks per stand but that will require buying more.

I killed my buck out of a three stick set up this year, I'm sure I was under 15 up due to tree shape.

Heights, ladders, you Johnnies don't know what your taking about.

• Like 1