camp

bubba

yes it does suck.  Hold out until they get the big money, take your share and sell out.  If we go down to two owners, even if ti is 50/50, which I prefer, it will be better, we have pretty much the same philosophies about the land and hunting.  But if I had my way, I would own it all and invite whom I wish to be there. 

Bubba, I agree it is better if you own the land by yourself. I went against my better judgement when I went in with these guys. It's the old story tell them what whey want to hear and that's what happened. Supposedly we were to have this land forever, passed to father to son. Never have to hunt on public land again. But just before the gas companies were looking to lease land some of the members were looking to sell out. Which wasn't the deal, so having the gas companies looking to lease land changed their minds. They all think they are going to strike it rich with lease fees and royalties. So no one is looking to sell, they don't want to leave any money on the table. There is a lot to be said to get things in writing, a hand shake is worthless these days.

Dave