RCBS Summit Press Deal

airedale

The RCBS Summit press came out a couple of years ago, an odd design that brings the dies to the case instead of the case up into the die. The press has got mixed reviews from the reloading gurus but for the most part favorable. The plain RCBS green models sell for around $200 and there is a special edition red, white and blue model that is supposed to sell for around $240 but have seen some try to get over $300.

These presses have good points and bad but personally I think the good points far out weighs it's negatives.

Anyhow some jobber on ebay must have purchased a bunch of the special edition models for a song and has them up for bid. Being in the middle of a resto job on my old Bair Kodiak 150 it decided to take a shot at one to have on the bench for a backup if nothing else. To make a long story short I ended up winning the bid for $138, no tax and shipped for free, $100 savings at least. I got the press mounted on my bench and will be putting it through it's paces this winter. I will have more to say about it down the road but I can say it is wonderful quality and am liking what I see a lot.

So I have watched several more get bought and they have been going for under $150. This outfit still has a few more so I will post the link for any folks here that may be interested in one of these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351585793148?_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by airedale

Airdale, I'm interested and have been about these presses for a while.  Sounds like a great deal.

Where did you get the information about them producing special editions or in different colors?  I work in a field that encounters product "knock offs" a lot.  

Just curious, if they are really RCBS then I'll jump on it, but concerned they may be counterfeit.

There is a quite a bit of information about the special edition Summit press all over the web including from RCBS. A portion of the sale of these special editions is supposed to go to a wounded vets organization. The jobber that is selling them is a long time ebayer out of Ohio with what seems to be a pretty good sales record.

I have not heard anything about any knockoffs being made, all I can say mine was boxed in typical RCBS packaging with the enclosed literature along with the limited edition serial number and all looked legit to me. If by chance it is some kind of knockoff whoever went through the trouble and did it performed one heck of a nice job.

Al

Edited by airedale

Description:  Up  for auction is Factory New RCBS Summit Reloading Press! This is a limited  edition Red, White & Blue press! They are serial numbered one of 2013! A  Portion of the proceeds from the sale of this product will go directly to  support disabled veterans!

RCBS has been manufacturing high  quality reloading equipment for over 50 years. The Summit Single Stage  reloading press is no exception. This press will work with standard 7/8"-14  threaded dies, 1" di bodies with adaptors (NOT INCLUDED) and has enough  leverage to handle any difficult sizing task. The innovative design mounts  the entire press to the top of the bench and actually lowers the die down to  the case. The steel linkage and cast iron frame help to ensure that the  press is stable and rugged to hold up to years of serious reloading. The  solid construction and design allows reloaders the ability to achieve great  precision and accuracy which is paramount to accurate Handloading. This  press will easily work for both right and left handed reloaders with the  ambidextrous design, while the 4.5" opening gives ample room for sizing the  largest cases reloaders need to size. This press has a massive 2" diameter  ram with a Zerk fitting for easy lubrication. The spent primer catcher is in  a very convenient location under the Shellholder and the press is  manufactured right here in the USA.

Technical Information

Press Type: Single Stage 
Frame Material: Cast-Iron 
Frame Design: C-Frame 
Frame Offset: 0 Degrees 
Frame Opening Size: 4.5" 
Handle Location: right or left hand 
Die Size Accepted: Standard 7/8"-14 threaded dies, 1" dies with thread  adaptors (NOT INCLUDED) 
Die Bushing Accepted: No
Die Bushing Brand Used: No 
Spent Primer Collection System: Yes, located under the Shellholder
Ram Diameter: 2" 
Priming Feature: No, cases must be primed with a dedicated priming tool. 
Number of Mounting Holes: 2 
Mounting Hardware Included: No 
Additional Features: 

• Bench-top  Operation
  • Ambidextrous  handle
  • Compound  Leverage
  • Full Frontal  Access
  • Zerk  Lubrication fitting
  • Short  handle available (NOT INCLUDED) for loading shorter cases
    Warranty: RCBS Limited Lifetime Warranty

It will be FREE Shipping to the lower 48 states.