New Rifle Scope

DanD

My favorite scopes that I own and have on I think 5 of my rifles Are the leupold vx-2 compact 3-9x33. I don't know if any of them have ever been over 3x in the woods but I like having it for sighting them in. I have never had a problem with low light during legal hrs with the smaller objective.

There would be absolutely no low light capability penalty with a 33mm O L until you cranked to magnification above 7 X.

I like small O Ls, it allows the scope to be mounted tight to the bore axis and it promotes quick target acquisition.

The only thing I don't like about the 3-9 X 33 is the fact that they are never sold at reduced prices!

There would be absolutely no low light capability penalty with a 33mm O L until you cranked to magnification above 7 X.

I like small O Ls, it allows the scope to be mounted tight to the bore axis and it promotes quick target acquisition.

The only thing I don't like about the 3-9 X 33 is the fact that they are never sold at reduced prices!

That's a fact! If they were ever on sale I think I would have a lot more of them.

wildcat, my understanding is that its scopes with FFP where the reticle size changes with magnification, which is preferred by many Europeans.  SFP reticles remain constant. 

In any event, both my Zeiss conquest and HD-5 are really made for American hunters and the reticle remains constant.  They do tend to be a bit heavier but that doesn't bother me much. 

I have some fixed 4x Leupolds that are great for the price.  I never purchased a higher end leupold but did have a VX-I which I did not like because the mag adjustment was very stiff.  Maybe that's not true of the higher end models.

You're right, I had it switched. I was merely wanting  to point out the difference in some European scopes.

The Conquest is similar to the Kales "American" series, designed for the American market W/1" tubes W/2nd focal plain reticles.

I'm really looking hard at the Conquest from Euro Optics. If they take Pay Pal I may buy it.

I have a Leupold VX-I on which the magnification ring has become stiff after years. That is not the norm.  I have contacted Leupold & will return it for repair.

The Conquest is similar to the Kales "American" series, designed for the American market W/1" tubes W/2nd focal plain reticles.

I'm really looking hard at the Conquest from Euro Optics. If they take Pay Pal I may buy it.

That's a fact! If they were ever on sale I think I would have a lot more of them.

Oh, oh, I found some decent prices on the Leupold 3-9x33 on E-Bay.

7 ounces lighter than the Conquest!

Edited by wildcat junkie

Oh, oh, I found some decent prices on the Leupold 3-9x33 on E-Bay.

7 ounces lighter than the Conquest!

Just bought the Leupold Ultralight Compact VX-2  3-9x33 for $335.12 shipped!

Gotta love E-Bay!

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1

Just bought the Leupold Ultralight Compact VX-2  3-9x33 for $335.12 shipped!

Gotta love E-Bay!

Optics planet emailed me a cyber Monday coupon and I payed like 230$ shipped for one.

They're $349.99 on the site. How did you get the coupon?

They emailed me a coupon for 20$ for cyber Monday.

$20 from $349.99 isn't 230$. Was that a typo?

If it was, then I don't feel so bad!

Edited by wildcat junkie

Yup typo sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good, I was beginning to hate you! Now I don't feel so bad paying $335.

That 3-9x33 is going to look good on my Mauser. The 3-9x40 was just a little large for the overall lines of the rifle.

VZ500ObendorfMauser007-1.jpg

I think the smaller 33mm O L will look more balanced.. Plus, it will shave a few more ounces off.

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1

I use the Leupold VX2 3-9x40 and love it. got it a few years ago on sale from optics planet $269.99 well worth it 

Probably the best all around value & versatility in a moderately priced scope.

I had one for years & loved it. I sold it to my son's friend for his AXIS II 7mm-08. It had one of those horrid "package" scopes on it. I sold it for him on E-Bay & he applied it to the price of my 3-9x40.

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1