Crossbow mounted rangefinder.

Skillet

Does anyone have a mount on their crossbow for attaching your rangefinder? I saw it online, & it looks like a really good idea. There's a couple mounts available out there, & supposedly they fit most rangefinders. I know some hunters would look down on it, but anyone who hunts with a crossbow, knows the extreme importance of knowing your range. Crossbows have one hell of a trajectory. My scope comes with 20, 30, 40, & 50yd marks, but for example: Not being sure whether to use the 20 or the 30, can easily wound a deer. (BTW, I would not push a shot past 40)

Most of my stands have 20yd marks all around them (rock piles, or biodegradable surveyor's tape), but with the crossbow, I'm more likely to go try a new spot. It seems like it would be nice to aim, push a button, see the range, & then drop my eye back to the scope & my finger back to the trigger. For turkey hunting, it would be killer.

These mounts seem like they'd be pretty easy to fabricate yourself, too.

post-1188-0-43623600-1451594959.jpg

Edited by Skillet

I have that, don't bother, I like it but honestly its not really worth it. plus I have to keep adjusting it from time to time to keep it tight.

it sticks on with Velcro that isn't all that good, I got some Velcro from home depot or something but honestly toward the end of the season I just kept my range finder on a string around my neck.

• Like 1

.....Most of my stands have 20yd marks all around them (rock piles, or biodegradable surveyor's tape),.....

A suggestion for your existing stands...I use a single orange surveyor's flag to note 25yrd ranges and hang double flags in spots that I can actually shoot out to 40yrds. This gives me a better idea of the range w/o reaching for the rangefinder. Have no suggestions for turkey hunting, haven't attempted that yet.

• Like 1