Predator Hunting Lights

The Cyclops is an awesome light for spotting.  The problem with the Cyclops is that it can't be mounted you rifle.  It's hard to shoot with one hand while holding the Cyclops on the other hand.  If you have a friend hold the light while you hold the rifle, now you and your hunting partner now have to be in perfect sync.  Typically, your friend is standing at a different angle than you are so when you bring up the rifle, the light isn't right in front of you so you have sort of "find" the spot light in a sea of darkness.  Those few seconds of lost time may be difference.  If you're treeing coons with dogs, then I see less of a problem.  One person can hold the Cyclops while the other uses the rifle.

The other problem with the Cyclops is that the rechargeable battery cannot be recharged if it ever goes down to complete zero.  If you ever let it go down to complete zero (which I did when I left it in the closet for months without touching it) the battery is essentially dead.  I had to order a new battery and it was around $25.  Now, even if I don't use it, I remind myself to recharge it every couple of months.

Got the cyclops 500. Not bad. Haven't got a full charge on it yet but the rens lens seems to be effective around 200+. If I shine it at the reflective signs ( snowmobile trail ) I am able to light them up, so I assume eyes will be similar. Hopefully have a good test of battery life this weekend

The Cyclops is an awesome light for spotting.  The problem with the Cyclops is that it can't be mounted you rifle.  It's hard to shoot with one hand while holding the Cyclops on the other hand. 

I'm on the FoxPro Hunting Forums and one of the NY Prostaff guys (Andrew Lewand) Hunts solo quite often and I asked him about running lights and he said he sits and runs his scan light and then when he catches eyes, he sets the scan light down and switches to his kill light to finish the job.

I'm sure it's difficult and would take some practice but that's what he does. I would still find it very difficult to run the scan light, call, switch lights, and then continue using the call to pull them in if they hung up. I just hunt with a partner, like you said it makes it a lot easier

I'm on the FoxPro Hunting Forums and one of the NY Prostaff guys (Andrew Lewand) Hunts solo quite often and I asked him about running lights and he said he sits and runs his scan light and then when he catches eyes, he sets the scan light down and switches to his kill light to finish the job.

I'm sure it's difficult and would take some practice but that's what he does. I would still find it very difficult to run the scan light, call, switch lights, and then continue using the call to pull them in if they hung up. I just hunt with a partner, like you said it makes it a lot easier

Agreed.  I have the Cyclops but I also have the Wicked on my scope.

So, I'll be giving a daily update on lights I guess. The cyclops was a bust. Was bright, just not enough for my liking. So I grabbed the streamlight . main reason for the switch is the cyclops wouldn't charge right out of the box. I had to monkey with the plug just to get it charging. The streamlight is on charge as we speak.

So, I'll be giving a daily update on lights I guess. The cyclops was a bust. Was bright, just not enough for my liking. So I grabbed the streamlight . main reason for the switch is the cyclops wouldn't charge right out of the box. I had to monkey with the plug just to get it charging. The streamlight is on charge as we speak.

Where are you picking these lights up from?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

If the stream doesn't satisfy your needs, give me a shout, I'll ship you one of mine to try, no risk. If you don't like it, I'll pay to ship it back as well.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Tempting offer... The stream is beyond bright, feels great so far. Getting the red lens soon and will be able to give a better review then.

• 2 weeks later...

Tempting offer... The stream is beyond bright, feels great so far. Getting the red lens soon and will be able to give a better review then.

Streamlight is awesome. Perfect brightness settings and appears to have a phenomenal battery life. Waterproof, ergonomic, easily packable... Its the one ! I cut up a red lens I had on an old spotlight and it works perfect.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a Cabelas VRL-1 Varmint Light mounted on my Savage Mark II TR 22LR https://bestoutdooritems.com/predator-hunting-lights-reviews/ It produces a lot of light and a lot of visibility for about 150-200 yards. It comes with two batteries (every few hours), a home and car charger, a green and red light bulb, as well as the necessary equipment to mount it to my scope or rail.It has a pressure button that you can velcro to the side of the rifle and activate the light while aiming. Check out this video how to properly use lights.