Hunting with the Airbow

fasteddie

Originally, archery was implemented to be a primitive weapon season. So was muzzle loader season. The idea was to allow people to hunt deer in seasons other than firearm season, if they wanted to take the challenge to do it with a primitive weapon. There was a certain sense of accomplishment when succeeding at it. Sort of like fly fishing vs bait casting.

Today we seem to be pushing modern technology into these primitive seasons. The more we do, the less of a primitive weapon challenge exists. Actually, the less of a need for a separate season exists.

Sometimes I fear these archery and ML seasons may become so effective, when the anti gun folks really push to ban all firearms, they'll be able to point to the archery season that allows all types of technology and say they aren't preventing anyone from hunting, just preventing doing it with a firearm.

Does loving to hunt require putting meat in the freezer? Does one have to kill an animal to enjoy the hunting? Seems to me getting meat commercially is less expensive than hunting it on a price per pound basis.

I'm not knocking anyone who hunts for meat. Just saying we need to be aware of how much "sport" is removed from the process when we modify the rules.

Grouse you said it perfectly!