Air gunners, grab it while you can

Freaking great.......I kid you not; an hour ago I ordered a HW 95 from Airguns Of Arizona. 

My luck has GOT to change at some point! 

Well, it's too late..........what pellets do I try???  (.22 is the caliber I ordered)

Edited by Lawdwaz

Freaking great.......I kid you not; an hour ago I ordered a HW 95 from Airguns Of Arizona.

My luck has GOT to change at some point!

Well, it's too late..........what pellets do I try??? (.22 is the caliber I ordered)

Every barrel will like a different pellet. If you're lucky, they may like a few.

JSB has always been a favorite amongst all cal due to their great quality control and consistency from lot to lot. I'm a big fan of them. If you look around, you could find a sampler pack of JSB's in .22 to try. Or just shoot me a PM and I'll send you some of mine to try.

Good luck with your new toy. (You could try to call AoA and plead your case to see if they'll price match. A good company like AoA might).

Pyramid doesn't offer that model.  I read somewhere that AOA got some special deal on them and was offering them up for $315 plus shipping.  They get get pretty good reviews so I thought I'd stick my toe into the water.  :)

Well, what do you think of it?

And...why did you pick that gun?

I know it's a PCP and they are quieter than a springer, that part of the decision making process?

I wanted to get an airgun for many reason.  1. to simply have one in my collection 2. gives me an addition tool to hunt small game in shotgun only zones.  3. 22LR is hard to find and airgun pellets are becoming more cost effective.  4. Can target practice more easier.

I first went with a pump.  Was nice for the first few shots but then pumping that thing got boring real quick.  I then got a break-action piston.  Nothing wrong with it but it's ridiculously long and the grip was too big for my hands (apparently I have Donald Trump hands).  I'm actually thinking of getting rid of it actually.  I eventually "pull the trigger" on a marauder because.  1. A friend of mine has one so I've handled it before and like the feel of it.  Being that I swung and miss on my 2 previous airguns I decide to go with one I've already field tested.  2. Accuracy is amazing.  3. Great reviews comparing it to much more expensive airguns at a fraction of the cost.

How do I like it?  I like it.  It's fun...but it's different.  I'm not really into airguns so it'll never really replace my rifles but it does give me some variety and "variety is the spice of life" isn't that what they say?

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1