Memorial day.

First-light

National treasure right there. Met my new friend in stop n shop this morning. I saw his hat and thanked him for his service. We talked for a while and he gave me a hug. He told me thank's for taking time out of your day to talk to an old man. God bless him!

post-156-0-58908900-1464477269_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

My friends Dad was in the Army in WWII in Europe and Italy.  The man is in his 90's now and you would think he's 70.  He's thin, drives his car all over, walks, volunteers at the senior center, lives alone, cooks for himself and others (he's 2nd gen Italian), very articulate with a sharp mind, has about 12 grand kids and close to 20 great grand kids living in central PA and visits them a couple times a year.

One thing I notice though is he has trouble accepting the reality of our times.  He was a union man when he worked and still thinks the Democrats are great, but nobody is perfect.  LOL!

• Like 2

My Dad served in WWII at 18. Here's a new clipping about his family, they got notified , of his brothers and one uncles death in the war on the same day, another uncle was killed not long before .

That war took a large toll on many families , God bless our Vets.

post-253-0-40536900-1464532160_thumb.jpe

Edited by Larry302