Out scouting while turkey hunting

maytom

Found a new spot for a possible tree stand location while out spring turkey hunting the last two weeks. Look's very promising, trail leads right to a creek crossing

and the amount of tracks leading to it and through it were incredible. Got the goose bumps just pondering where to place my stand come fall!!! I know bow season is a long way off

but already getting pumped!!! LOL..... :cheese: 

• Like 4

Ha , did the same thing about 10 years ago. While turkey hunting I found some great trails along creek and leading from woods to field. Well I didn't have a trail cam then. Hung a ladder stand with the wind typically playing perfect. Didn't I sit there the first 3 days of gun season dark til dark without seeing a thing. Yup , come to find out those trails were only being used at night. I still chuckle at my " supposed guarantee " dead deer.

It feels weird that turkey season is over and it's only day 1. Time for the family to start doing some fishing and look forward to youth gun season.

I think bow season is not that far away, only 4 months now. That will go by faster than you think.

I am trying to go to as many 3-D shoots as possible and keep up my practice so I am ready come October.

I have my stand sites picked out an i put up a few already.

Just saw my first fawn of the year yesterday.

I think bow season is not that far away, only 4 months now. That will go by faster than you think.

I am trying to go to as many 3-D shoots as possible and keep up my practice so I am ready come October.

I have my stand sites picked out an i put up a few already.

Just saw my first fawn of the year yesterday.

Mike, your right, it's not to far away. That's my second favorite thing to do in the woods besides spring turkey season!!!