Bucks in staten island getting vasectomy

kpkot

Perhaps they have become completely domesticated so the can simply walk up to them and put them to sleep with an injection while they perform the surgery.

Are you sitting down? This is how they did our bull...Doc came up with his 5 yr old daughter...we all stood in the stall and she and I chatted.. I  then said are you banding him? ...Nope making an incision. Are you tranquilizing him? Nope  just stand off to the side...next thing I know he's twirling his fingers like he was winding up twine and gives a quick decisive YANK!! ..I hear the the bull blat and I nearly passed out...Dang! His little girl squeezed my hand and said that's OK, daddy does this all the time...lol

But I researched this a bit...I'm surprised the DEC would allow this...It apparently depending on age and rack development..it can cause early drop...so they'd likely be shot as doe, It can cause excessive long term growth and not hardening or velvet drop...this could cause some nasty infections, long term pain and poor health. It could cause a permanent velvet rack with same results mentioned above. This would leave these bucks with no protection from other non neutered buck...I would also increase possible collisions. Yes new buck would fill the void and 6mos. old buck would attempt breeding and the breeding cycle would extend for a much longer period....doe won't stop at just a 3 month cycle repeat...causing later births ...which down the road would perpetuate  odd breeding times over all.

I sincerely have no confidence in the decisions make these "biologist" make and I question where they are getting their degrees.

I sincerely have no confidence in the decisions make these "biologist" make and I question where they are getting their degrees.

Changed thought mid way and didn't cut it correctly...

I sincerely have no confidence in the decisions these "biologists" make. I also question where the are getting their degrees and course studies.

Changed thought mid way and didn't cut it correctly...

I sincerely have no confidence in the decisions these "biologists" make. I also question where the are getting their degrees and course studies.

The article states it needs to be approved by the dec before implemented. It's the residents of staten island that want it implemented not the biologists.

The first sentence in that opinion was " I'm surprised the DEC would allow this". Whether they the biologists originally thought of it is irrelevant. They are the ones that would have to over view impact and approve. Now I'll admittedly assume that for this to have gotten as far as it has now,someone must have consulted with the DEC already.

Edited by growalot