Happy Father's Day!

Lawdwaz

So my day so far........Dad and I were on the river by 8:00am.  We were using live bait, bass chubs as we call them.  On the very first drift dad got a snag and that is RARE for us.  The current is so strong that by the time I got the motor fired up and up ahead of the snag a ton of line had played out.  We got above it and I thought we'd get it.  No big deal if we broke the line but heck, why not try and free it??

It turned into a royal cluster!  All of a sudden the line is going under the boat, dad has the pole in his hand.  The tip of the pole dives down under the transom and I quickly shut the motor down as I didn't want to get the line in the prop.  Before I could cut the line, the tip and half the damned rod is pulled between the motor and transom.  I reached around (NOT a "reach around" you pigs) and grabbed the line and the rod is in pieces!  I'm not really sure WTH happened but it wasn't good.  Oh by the way, that's the rod I made dad for Father's Day last year.  :(

I had a spare rig so I yanked the reel off that one and put dad's lefty on.  He was back in the water quicker than it took to write this..........

We caught only two bass, one each before we pulled the plug.

Here's dad's fish..................

image_zpsbybx8fyj.jpeg

Here's dad's busted rod..............

image_zpsfysgt9o8.jpeg

It'd be a nice pack rod for some back country hiker.  :)

Gotta run, more fun to come!

Nice looking  small mouth and better looking cigar!!   LOL!! Have fun!!!

• Like 1

Here's my Pop and Mom at their 70th wedding anniversary and second pic is him weeding part of his beloved garden. His garden is in Lancaster garden walk again this year. Spends 6 or so hours in it a day. He'll be 92 in August. He's stubborn but it's what keeps him going. Love you Pop. Happy Father's Day to all you dads.

standard Grumpa gift from my daughter. Antoinettes sponge candy. Hopefully this pic isn't sideways.

post-4567-0-46719300-1466383853_thumb.jp

• Like 3