Annsville area & state land

st25ud

Hi everyone. I am buying land in this general area to teach my children about the outdoors like my dad did with me. Anyone tell me about the state land up in the Annsville area. How much pressure do these areas recieve? I am wondering if it is better to try to buy 40 arces, or if I can get same results with hunting state lands. I live in Pa. and state lands are flat out dangerous half the time. Any help or advice would be appericated.

Thanks guys,

Ryan

Its a great area for wildlife, but it does get hunted hard... I have hunted an area very close to there call 46 corners and guys shoot anything and everything there. If you're looking for a great place to teach the kids about the outdoors and camping and such its a great area... if you are looking for quality bucks.. welll.. maybe not as good

The winter is rough but there are numerous yarding areas... there is plenty of state land in the area but 40 acres of your own would be nice...the deer herd is ample just not the quality of bucks that I like... the village of Annsville is very quaint. I would recommend looking up a company called Christmas & Associates.. they sell recreational land and cabins in that area at a very resonable. I know the owner personally and just bought a new camp from them in Redfield, NY. Check out their website.. you can find a link to their site on the links page of my website... http://www.nyantler-outdoors.com/deer-hunting-links.html