Fisher

stoneam2006

true but on the bright side you can sell to taxidermists who will be all filled out by Dec and won't be buying anymore, I'd rather drop them whole on the floor for the same price as putting them up, no drumming charges, shipping, etc. That was the problem trapping VT MA and NH after northern zone, all the taxidermists had all they wanted after northern zone opened.

its only a 5 day season, hit them hard sell them whole and buy some beer.! :)

• Like 1

How do you target a fisher when trapping?

Not sure yet but will figure it out...I know where there's 2 that have been in same area for last 2 years and neighbor has another one visit his trail cam once a week at least...so I will have to learn

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

tree sets and buckets, though even with 55s you'll catch coon and skunks.

easiest way to target only fisher is to make tree sets as straight up as you care to, the more slope the better your chances of catching bobcat 

the down side is most fisher contrary to urban legend stay on the ground not in the trees so you will miss a lot, even with cubbies and buckets sometimes they play on them and don't go in, so shrug and smile and wait some more.

Can you use cage traps in NY ?

Edited by slickrockpack
asked about cage traps
  • Like 2